
- Alphabet beads (I LOVE these!)
- Cheap, clear hair gel
- Gallon size freezer bag
- I squirted about 8 oz of clear hair gel in the freezer bag.
- Then I added a bunch of alphabet beads to the bag. I made sure to add the letters for the kids’ names
- I sealed the bag and used clear packing tape to reinforce the top and make sure the kids weren’t able to open the bag. I haven’t had any problems with leaking, but many people like to tape all of the edges as well.
Alphabet Sensory Bag
At first, I showed this to my child and let her play with it. She enjoyed squishing it and moving the letters around. This part was excellent fine motor practice for her. As she was playing with it, I talked about the letter names and sounds of the letters she was looking at or moving. She would often repeat the letters or sound after me.