Friday, September 20, 2019

9-23-2019

We are off and running!  

This week will continue to reinforce classroom routines and expectations (pretty much all year this happens).  We are welcoming in fall into the Lucky Duck classroom with some wonderful activities such as apple picking.  Many activities/work that your child has completed has not made it home yet, as I am holding on to them for our upcoming Open House in early October.   More information will follow soon.

Small Groups:
Color Matching
Sorting Big/Small ducks
Decorating the first letter of our name.

Stories
Under the Apple Tree - Steve Metzger
Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes - Eric Litwin
David Goes to School - David Shannon

Choice Time
Lemonade Stand
Apple Picking 
Playdough - making apples for our numbered apple trees
Sorting Shapes
Sand Table
Decorating leaves 
Library 
Cars on the rug.

Life Skills- This is the first section of life skills we are working on.  

Instruction Following

1. When I call your name, stop what you are doing, look at me, and say "yes."
2. When I give you an instruction, do it right away.
3. When I give you instructions, do them right away.